Monday, November 23, 2009

Blame And Its Cousin, Responsibility

I hate many things about many things.

But there is little I hate more than people who can't take responsibility or shoulder blame.

If I eff up, I'm not someone to hide it.

For instance, my mother is constantly complaining about the mangers of her business. It's ridiculous. If she did her own damn job properly, she'd have nothing to complain about.

I also have a morbidly obese friend who constantly posts facebook updates that her knees hurt and that she has no clue why. IT DOESN'T TAKE ROCKET SCIENCE TO FIGURE THIS OUT!

Oh, and then there's the people who regularly drink like homeless winos and smoke like campfires and spend their nights partying and then complain that they don't feel good. Those people are the absolute bain of my existance. It's called common sense!

This seems to be an epidemic in our society. No one ever does anything wrong and yet we're all screwed up. We always blame other people or things or what-have-you. Anything but ourselves. And it drives me up the wall.

For Christ's sake, Humanity, grow some effing balls!

What I hate even more is my inability to call these people on their bull shit. It's the people pleaser in me.

No comments: