Monday, June 30, 2008

Just Go...

I got a well worded one word comment (there is such a thing) on one of my 'L.A' posts. It simply said 'Go'.

I've heard that advice so much. From friends who know how much I want this. From people who know the industry.

If I'm honest with myself, I'd really like to just... go. Maybe. Possibly. Someday.

Unfortunately, I'm terribly intimidated by the whole idea. For one, it's... far. I know, I sound like a baby, but being in a different country than most of my friends and family scares the heck out of me. But I've certainly done things that scared the heck out of me.

No... the real problem is this...

Being Canadian and all, moving to L.A. is a much bigger deal for me than, say, someone who lives in Montana. It's not that easy to get it! I want to scream that I'm Canadian! I live a three hour drive from the border! How hard can it be to move all of my stuff three hours south?

It seems that the easiest way to get in (aside from being a mail order bride) is, well, as a student.

Anyone have any advice on this topic?

No comments: