Sunday, June 29, 2008

Make Me Laugh!

I've made insanely good progress on my comedy this weekend. It's funny... I went from being completely frustrated on Friday to writing thirty pages between Saturday afternoon and now. Everything feels so much more fleshed out, and I don't know what it is, but I feel as if I know these characters better than any other characters I've ever written. It's a good feeling.

I'm guessing that part of my recent writing spree has to do with going back to the outline... but it's more than that, I think. I just wish I knew what 'it' was so that I could replicate it! :P

I'm worried about the story, though. Not my ability to execute it. Not exactly. I'm worried that it'll come across as stereotypical or that it'll seem a little too far fetched when compared to what's hitting the screens lately. I don't want it to be either of those things.

It's hot here... about 30 C. My roommate just headed to the beach, but I stayed back. Partly because I don't like extreme heat all that much, partly because I've been lazy all weekend and don't plan on stopping now. You might think that the beach is an ideal place to go and be lazy, but I'm so lazy that the act of getting to the beach makes me groan.

No comments: