Saturday, June 28, 2008

Should I Stay Or Should I Go...

In the last month, I've seriously considered moving to LA. I mean, to the point that I was looking into immigration (which, after reading all the info on it, made me want to scream and rip my hair out).

I decided to stay in Canada. Aside from wanting to keep my hair, I really, really love Canada. I'm about as patriotic as a Canadian can be. I can't picture myself living anywhere else... Plus, some things happening in the states scare the hell out of me. Now, I know that scary stuff happens here, too. But it's just... different. I truly believe that the US is at a crossroads, and I don't want to be there if they end up taking the wrong path.

But, more than the fear of living somewhere like the US, the bottom line is that I love Canada. Love it. I like all of the stuff there is to do. I like having health care. I like the diversity. I like the history. I just... like it. There's no reason to leave.

As for my career, there's a ton of options right here for me. I see all of these people in the industry moving to LA, and while I understand their thought process, I find myself wondering 'why?' I'd even venture to say that in some aspects, staying in Canada is easier career wise.

I work in the entertainment industry and have since I entered the work force. I've never felt worse off because I didn't live in LA. I still don't feel that way.

So, there's no reason for me to leave.

Someday, I might move. Who knows. But for now, I'm good.

No comments: