Monday, April 20, 2009

Random Blathering

I start school again in a couple weeks. I feel like bursting out into song. Seriously. I'm such a geek.

I'm at the Giant University -- otherwise known as the U of M -- this semester, so it should be interesting. The building where my psych class (that I've since dropped) was supposed to be held burned down in preparation for my arrival.

Someone from my previous job was in town this past week and I meant to see him, but I ran out of time. I feel bad about this, but at the same time, it would have been awkward. I've been very careful in my contact with people from my Horrible Job... I've only actually talked to two people there since I left... One I ran into in town before I left and I chat with on FB every now and then, and the other was one of my best friends at work and I kept in touch. The reason is this... I know that people probably took sides and I have no need to further taint my mental image of that job with the knowledge of who took who's side. Not only do I not want to find out about who didn't take my side, but I also don't want to lament about what happened with the people who did take my side because I'm seriously scared that I'll start to cry all over again and all of those feelings of betrayal and stupid childish anger will come back.

Yes, I'm melodramatic.

The person who treated me like shit was a friend, so, yeah, I do take it personally. When I think about what happened and how much and how often I was lied to, and how hard I worked to make this person's business a success story, I still feel like I was punched in the chest.

I wish I could dump the whole story here on the net. I really do. Because I think it would actually help me a whole lot to put the whole experience in writing. Cathartiscism and all that stuff. (And, yes, I just made that word up.)

I think the fact that I feel the need to explain myself to nameless people on the internet says a lot about the situation... although I'm not sure exactly what.

On the other hand, I'm a total hot yoga convert. Maybe this will lead me to Zen and the Art of Letting Go.

And one final note... this is totally not the post I sat down to write. Actually, I had something worthwile to say... but somehow, it morphed into the crap you see before your eyes.

No comments: