Friday, October 2, 2009

Only A History Prof...

I have a history prof who is one of those... cultured men who speak like Shakespeare reads.

I just received this in my jump inbox...

You will doubtless be saddened to hear that I have been stricken by some dread virus and laid low, barely able to croak. Consequently, I am cancelling class on Thursday.

It made my day. Despite the fact that I didn't get the email until today and went to class. And we all missed the notice on the door and sat, waiting. Until I noticed the green sticky note on the door and read it to the class.

The wording of his email makes up for all of that.

Ha.

On that note, everyone at school is sick. Every person I've had the pleasure of sitting next to. Every prof I have. It's absolutely hysterical because I'm not sick. I'm sure, if I was, it would not be hysterical. Everyone but me in my creative writing class is sick... to the point where my prof felt the need to re-state the H1N1 protocol. Yes, we have one. I'd forgotten how schools turn into giant cesspools.

In my best Dr. History style, I suspect I shall eventually succumb, but, alas, today I am fine and I shall appropriately gloat.

No comments: