Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jobs

Finding a good job in Winnipeg is like winning the lottery. Well, maybe not quite. I moved here from Alberta, the magical land of more jobs than people, and I'm a bit stunned by the whole process. You mean you aren't going to hire me right now because you're desperate? You mean you actually have other people to interview? I might get called back for a second interview? What is this weird 'hiring process' that you speak of?

Yes, I was spoiled. Yes, I'm over it.

Still.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying Winnipeg. It's freakin' cold, but I understand it's like that pretty much everywhere right now, so whatever. Besides, I expect -40 in Winnipeg. It doesn't really bother me.

I'm still debating the whole 'life choices' thing... But no matter what I decide, I'll continue to write. That's the important thing, right?

No comments: