Thursday, December 4, 2008

To The Left...

I think it's pretty clear that I'm all for a left gov't and uniting the left here in Canada. To be completely honest, the only reason the Conservatives are in power here is because the left is so fractured.

So, yes, I'm all for uniting for a left gov't.

But...

Is this really how we want it to happen? I can't help but feel that democracy was invented to prevent this sort of thing!

Non confidence votes are fine... as long as they lead to an election. We should get to vote on this 'deal' that Dion made with Layton et al. We should get to vote on if we want Stephan Dion as our Prime Minister! Because, let me tell you, I'm not so sure about that!

Well, I guess we have until January to debate this whole thing among ourselves!

Thoughts?

No comments: