Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winnipeg and Other Stuff

When I left my former place of residence, it was 8 degrees. I woke up my first morning back in Winnipeg to a snow storm and -30.

That aside, I'm happy to be back. I'll be even happier when The Perfect Job makes its way out of the woodwork :P

I read Joseph Mallozzi's blog a couple times a week... Stargate: Atlantis is my secret guilty pleasure! I haven't watched much this season... but, still.

Anyway, here's an interesting question from his blog:

Megan writes: “Quick question for you concerning SGA: According to MGM, the decision to cancel the series was not in their hands; they would have approved a sixth season. SciFi wanted a sixth season as well. You’ve stated you wanted to continue with Atlantis as did the actors. So, who made the final call to cancel SGA when all parties wanted to go on?”

Answer: Great, great question.


So, who cancelled Stargate: Atlantis? I think there's only one party not mentioned in the above question. A party who has another Stargate show about to launch. I really respect said party and I think they/he/she/it have/has done a great job with the franchise, but concluding that this party decided that another season of Atlantis was a no go makes me a little sad.

No comments: