Monday, January 26, 2009

311

The City of Winnipeg's new 311 service is retarded. Why? Because, now, you don't actually talk to anyone AT THE PLACE YOU'RE CALLING! All city lines are routed through 311. You have no choice. For instance, I called Seven Oaks pool the other day and got 311. The person that answered gave me info and when I got home, I checked online and found that the info I'd been given was WRONG! I doubt that I'd get wrong info from SOMEONE ACTUALLY AT THE POOL! There's no way these people can know EVERYTHING about every rec center in the city! Talking to someone actually in the building is alawys better. I just called Pan Am Pool and got the 311 line again and I've been on hold for ten minutes to talk to someone who doesn't even work at the pool and know what's going on. What gets me is that you actually have no choice. If you really need to talk to someone at the pool, you'll still get 311.

311 might be good for very basic info, but there's times when you need someone who knows what they're talking about, you know? Someone to explain something or give you more than just basic details.

I can't believe our tax dollars are paying for this!

No comments: