Monday, January 26, 2009

Thinking vs. Writing

I've been doing a lot of thinking about writing lately, but not much writing. Which is totally useless. It's like thinking about eating lunch and then starving while trying to decide what to eat.

To be completely honest, that initial burst at the start of a writing project is just so hard. Once I'm started and I know my characters, it's easy going (relitively), but those first few days are so tough and it really is hard to motivate myself. On the other hand, I love being in the middle of a project. I just have to keep reminding myself of that fact to get over that initial hump.

I discovered the training tank at Pan Am today. I had been a little scared of it because, well, I'm not a super star swimmer. Actually, I'm neither super or star. But, it wasn't so bad. Some really hot guy gave me his lane once he was winding down and I got to rock my new billion dollar bathing suit. Actually, there were quite a few really hot half dressed men. Who would have thought? :P

No comments: