Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saps Unite!

I've decided to start another major project and get it done pretty quickly. I have the time, so why not?

Over the last year and a bit, I've speced quite a bit and I've also written several shorts, and of course, my baby -- my feature.

Writing a feature was so different than specing a TV show. I always thought I'd love to write for TV (and I still would), but I really enjoyed spinning a story in my head and creating new characters and plotting and then taking it from begining to end.

So, my new project is going to be a feature. I don't need another spec at this time.

When I write, I have the gift of being a somewhat of a crazy writer. I write a ton and I write quickly. When I don't write, I don't write. Hopefully I'll be able to get a draft out before I start school again.

I've embraced my inner romantic... I've tried other genres, but somehow, although I'm the most unromantic person in life, I seem to gravitate to it when I write. Maybe I'm not dating the right people :P

So, I'm writing a romance. I've been listening to a lot of my favorite love songs for inspiration. Here's what's in my media player right now:

BNL -- Call and Answer
Blue Rodeo -- Five Days in May
Blue Rodeo -- Lost Together
Garth Brooks -- Shameless (Don't laugh!)
Beatles -- In My Life
Beatles -- Blackbird
Lauren Hill -- Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Association -- Never My Love
Lenny Kravitz -- It Ain't Over Till It's Over

Yes, in the new year, I've resolved to be sappy :P

No comments: