Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Day So Far

I went to see BENJAMIN BUTTON this afternoon. It was amazing. That is all.

I spent a good couple hours going through that pile of misc. CDs we all have and labelling them. I found some neat stuff... and some awful stuff... such as some old high school writing :P

In keeping with my music posts, here's a link for you. I had to use a link because there were no good embed-able vids of this one. The only one I could find was some sort of mashup of anime and a different version of the song. Anyways, my choice for today is Ingram Hill's Almost Perfect. I love this song. Love it. This version is better, too, and it was number one on the countdown I programmed for, oh, ever... At that station, we did a great job of finding things that other stations might not play that were good. Some stations try and fail by playing crap. This one isn't totally unknown, but I haven't heard it spun in a while and not at all in MB or AB. It's kinda country but not... which is good because I usually hate country!

EDIT: Since I can't embed the song I wanted to, here's a cover of 'With You'. I hate the Chris Brown version, but somehow, this one works for me.


I signed up for skating this week. I start next Tuesday. I have to go all the way out to the complete opposite side of the city! If you drew a map of Winnipeg and plotted both my house and the arena, they would be pretty much as far apart as possible while still being inside the perimiter. It's actually kind of ridiculous.

My parents are going to Ottawa this week, leaving me to look after my teenage brother. My other brother is going to nab him for the weekend, but it'll be up to me to get him to school and make sure he doesn't starve to death for most of the week. Wish me luck.

No comments: