Saturday, February 21, 2009

Acting

This is going to be really pointless...

I've always thought that being an actor would be horrible. Actually, I kinda know it would be horrible. Sit around and wait. Memorize tons of lines. Either be really poor or have people following you around like school girls... or both if you're really unlucky.

BUT

If I absolutely had to be an actor...

(I know... the horror... if I had to be rich and powerful *sigh* the awfulness... Plus, what are the chances? Seriously, it'd probably be easier to win the lotto. Although I haven't actually checked the stats. But I'm almost positive.)

Anyways...

If I had to, I think I'd choose to do sci fi TV.

Why?

It's the perfect balance. You're un-famous enough to go about your life, but you're famous enough that people will throw conventions in your honour and pay you to attend them. You make enough money to live comfortably (if you're smart) but not enough that your long lost cousin will track you down for money. You're successful enough that people won't think you're a looser but unsuccessful enough to really be judged too critically. If that makes any sense.

So, if I ever had to be an actor, I'd totally be the chick from Smallville or Jewel Stait (is that her name?) or Marina Sirtis (sp??) or something like that. Why? Because I don't know the first person's actual name or the spelling of the last two. And that's totally the point.

In all honesty, I think being famous would be completely miserable. I think Britney Spears is insane, but I really can't judge her, because in all honesty, I'd probably be just as crazy if I were her!

In other news... I had my first Winnipeg Winter Slurpee today and it was amazing.

No comments: