Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Writers, Take a Gander

Okay, so, at times, my spelling and grammer might not be the best. But when I'm trying to get a job, I use spell check.

Now, this is in no way a dig at the host site of the link I'm about to post. I've used this site to get every single one of my radio jobs. I owe this site my career.

No, this is a dig at the people who post on the site's 'Talent For Hire'. When you go to post your ad, there's a huge warning saying that the owner WILL NOT SPELL CHECK or EDIT your post. At all. As he shouldn't... we all should be able to do that ourselves!

Anyways, sometimes, I read the 'Talent For Hire' section just to laugh at the typos. I mean, come on people! Who's going to hire you if you put Randon capital Letters in your ad or miss things like punctuation or don't know the difference between your and you're. The spelling mistakes are the worst... because we all have SPELL CHECK!

Whenever I need to feel less dumb, I check out this site:
http://www.milkmanunlimited.com/talent.htm

Anyone with any sort of skill in the written form of the English language will get a kick out of it.

No comments: