Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nick Carter

Well, my teen idol was Nick Carter. I'm not going to lie -- I was head over heels.

But towards the tail end of my teenage years, he started to look a little, well, rough. I saw a picture of him a few weeks ago and thought, damn, he's looking good again!

(It's also notable that AJ is looking like shit)

Anyways... the reason he looks so damn sexy *ahem* I mean, wonderfully manly and refined? He's sobered up.

I mean, I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that this kid (who's now 29!) was doing drugs. All you had to do was LOOK AT HIM! He went from being a really skinny, cute kid to an adult with horrible skin and a weight problem. His eyes were half lidded and glassy. He didn't make any sense when he spoke. (Although you could argue that that had more to do with his intelligence than his drug use.)

What I don't understand is how someone can make such a stupid decision when they've dealt with others with the same problem. Doesn't anyone remember the whole 'AJ Goes To Rehab' debacle? My teenage self remembers Mr. Carter CRYING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION OVER IT!

I have this weird fascination with child stars. They always seem to crash and burn. I guess it's a symptom of too much money and control way too young. I know this might sound utterly retarded, but I feel really bad for these former kids. It wasn't their choice to be child stars. That was up to their parents. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't think their choices were stupid, etc, but I see how these things can happen when you're brought up with people around you who say yes to your every whim because you're paying for their kids' braces.

I dunno... I've always had a soft spot for these utterly screwed up beyond belief child stars. It must be my 'I Can Fix You!' complex at work. Just look at my dating record :P That should explain everything.

No comments: