Thursday, October 2, 2008

Exams, Shorts and New Schools

I just finished an exam... one of those weird ones where I'm not quite sure how I did. It was certainly challenging but I'd like to think that I was prepared. But I guess there's no point in freaking out over it now. It's over.

I need to write a short film. I've never written a short before. Odd, I know. But true. I want to include a short in my audition package for film school. I think it'd go over well because, well, the poor person reviewing my portfolio won't have to read eight billion pages. It's all about execution, right? A well executed short will have the same power as well executed feature. Probably more, actually, because the person looking over my stuff will probably, you know, read the whole thing. The thing is that I'm not quite sure what the hell I'm doing. I have a few ideas, but they're all turning out a little too big. Too much stuff to fit into so little pages.

On the film school topic, I officially applied yesterday. I'll be getting an audition/portfolio package in the mail. Once I send in my portfolio, I'll have an interview. I also applied for an apartment on campus. We shall see if everything works out.

So... my weekend project is to get a good base down for a short. I finally have some time to write and instead of working on one of my pet projects, I'm vowing to devote my time to some useful writing.

Oh, and I just realized that I lied. I did write a short. When was fourteen. Something tells me that this new one better be a whole lot different than whatever I wrote back then. In fact, I'm not even going to hunt it down because I'll end up cringing and hating my writing and that's soooo not what I need at the moment.

No comments: