Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Morning So Far

I'm currently making Kraft Dinner in my kitchen bundled up like it's a billion below -- in fluffy socks, thick sweats, and an oversized sweatshirt that may have at one time belonged to my dad and somehow made its way across the country in a mixup of laundry when I was visiting -- because I don't think my furnace is turned on. Yikes! It's in the basement suite below me, so as soon as the guy who lives down there gets home, I'll bang on his door and get him to check.

While I'm waiting for my noodles to hit that perfect balance between soft and mushy, I thought I'd play with Celtx. I have FD, so it seems silly to pay a billion dollars only to use a free program, but I think I really love Celtx. It's less 'write and go' than FD, but it has soooo many features and it helps you keep track of things really awesomely. I have to say that I love the whole 'project' concept with all of the files stored under it.

The only thing I hate? It doesn't import from FD and when you copy and paste, it doesn't recognize your characters and put them in the catalogue, meaning you have to go through and highlight them all to get them into the breakdown. In. Every. Scene. Which is odd because the formatting recognizes the element correctly... it just doesn't put two and two together.

But... it's free. So I'll live with it.

Also, if I were ever going into production, this program would be a godsend compared to FD tagger. I love how it generates call sheets and lists props, etc. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do yet is to take a location and list what's IN it. Like... what's in an office, etc. I'm sure there's a way... I just haven't figured it out yet. Also, their vids are so useful in learning the program.

I just burned my lip testing a KD noodle. To the point of stingy tears. I guess the KD is done.

No comments: