Monday, October 13, 2008

I Love Pie

Hopefully you didn't have quite as much pumpkin pie as I did this weekend. Seiously. Oy.

I love pie.

So I think I've finally settled on a story for my creative writing class. It's interesting because I didn't even come up with the idea. What happened was I was ranting at a friend about how I had no clue what to write and he rattled off a pretty cool plot for me.

It's interesting to write because it didn't start off as mine. I mean, now it is... it's changed a bit and it's mine. I don't want to say that I'm indifferent to it, because that's totally not it... But I'm a lot less attached I guess. I hit the delete key without crying. When something's gotta go, I'm unbiased. Usually, it's hard for me to get rid of things that I like but know need to go. Stories are like kids. Getting rid of something that you really love is like admitting that your kid is ugly... If that makes any sense.

Anyway, I think writing this story has been a good learning opportunity in the art of being slightly detached from your own work.

In other news, my fucking ear is infected. Not like a regular ear infection, but like my ear lobe. My ears are pierced, but it's been years since I've worn earings. There aren't really holes anymore. But one of them got infected anyway. It's all red and throbby and swollen. I'm sure it looks hot.

Stupid ears.

No comments: