Monday, October 20, 2008

Multiple Yays

First off, I understand that SKATE AMERICA IS THIS WEEKEND!

Ahem.

Okay.

I think Vaughn Chipeur is assigned to Skate America... or maybe it was Chris Maybee (who announced he won't be competing this season a couple days ago...). Whichever one it was, it still marks the start of the skating season.

Skating is the only sport I can really identify with on an athletic level. I've never played football. Or soccer. Or bobsled. Luge. Baseball (girls fastball, yes). Ski jumping. I think that's why I love it so much. I took a billion dance classes, but even I wouldn't call dance an Olympic level sport (although I certainly do not dispute the fact that dancers are insane athletes). So, figure skating is about it for me.

On the skating note, I found the perfect skating music today. It's actually something that I've used before.



I know it's cheesy. I know. It's just... so much fun!! I'm not very serious and to do Swan Lake or Pachbel would just be retarded. I have a freeskate test this year, so I need a program. The above music was actually the same music I used for my very first program out of bridging... so it's kind of sentimental.

If I don't use this... I'll probably end up making my own remix of some orchestral movie/TV theme. Those are always easy and fun to play with and you can usually get a few mixes. Nothing cheesy, don't worry. Think Paul Wylie.

I finished my short story for my creative writing class. It's a little... dark. I'm actually not sure if I'm going to use it. I don't want to be known as the class wacko :P

Anyways, to finish of the 'multiple yays', my plane ticket home for Christmas was booked the other day... and I'm just about to leave for the rink.

Multiple yays, indeed.

No comments: