Friday, September 12, 2008

39-9

First off, I would not want to be a Toronto Argonaut tonight. Yikes! Or tomorrow morning. Don Matthews scares me, although he does look like he's calmed down a bit.

As for the Bombers... my god... why haven't they been playing like this all season? They actually looked like a team that made it to the Grey Cup final last year. They've announced that they're still competitors, and hey, with how TO is looking, it might not be all that difficult for them to wrap up a playoff spot. I know that sounds absurd, but look at the standings in the east before you argue with me. As long as Hamilton loses this weekend, we still have some hope. Winnipeg could have dismantled Montreal or Saskatchewan tonight, never mind just lowly TO.

I'm already in my PJs. I think school is like childbirth... it's horrible when you're in it, but then you get a break and start thinking that maybe it wasn't so bad and that you really like the results, so you sign up for the next year only to realize that you were being delusional. I have sooo much reading to get through this weekend, but I refuse to look at it tonight. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

And back to football... I was joking with a friend that before they named a street after Milt Steegal they didn't really think of what people should call it or the ways it could be... manipulated. What are we going to call it? The Steeg? The Milt? 'I'm taking the Milt to Polo?' BUT, I'd never thought of this one:

I got a text from one of my friends the other day that simply said: I'm riding Milt Steegal.

I'm riding Milt Steegal.

I'll leave you with that.

No comments: