Saturday, September 6, 2008

Interesting Assignment...

One of the assignments in my creative writing class is to eavesdrop. Seriously. Find a conversation that you are not part of and write it down. The purpose is to look at how dialogue is actually said and how to incorporate actual dialogue into your writing. I think this is a super cool assignment, but I have to admit that I'm already dreading it because I'm going to feel like a complete tool sitting and writing down someone else's conversation while trying not to get caught. And speaking of getting caught, if anyone is going to get caught, it'll probably be me! lol.

Still, I think this assignemnt will he a great way to learn. I don't say that about very many assignments. Actually, I find most of them completely useless. So, this will be a nice change.

No comments: