Friday, September 5, 2008

Useful Q and A

I usually check Joseph Mallozzi's blog once a week or so and scroll through, trolling for useful information. Let's face it -- he's one of the few currently staffed writers (or showrunners) who actually posts useful info on a blog. He'll actually do scene by scene run downs of how episodes changed, etc. While these are interesting for fans, I find them even more interesting as an aspiring writer... there are other tidbits as well but they're usually liberally coated in other stuff and take some actual reading to find... it's his blog, so he can post about books and food as much as he likes (which he does), but I always look for the behind the scenes stuff.

He often does guest Q and A's. To be honest, I usually skip through them because they're usually full of very fannish questions -- especially when it's a guest star or something -- and to be completely honest, I really have no interest in whether Joe Flannigan was wearing his own clothes in a certain scene (if you read the below rec'd Q and A, you'll find out, though).

Nevertheless, I always scroll through any that look like they're going to give useful info... Joe has one up with director Andy Mikita... and while there are some very fannish questions, there are also some great questions and I really enjoyed reading through most of them.

Check out the Q and A HERE.

No comments: