Saturday, September 27, 2008

Enlightenment Via My Little Brother

My little brother is one of my favorite people. Sure, he's annoying (hell, most 14 year olds are), but he's like my baby. I know that sounds odd... but I'm sure that other people with siblings who are a whole heck of a lot younger than they are can relate.

I remember the first time I saw him. I was flooded with unconditional love for the first time in my life. I mean, I know that my parents unconditionally love me. They always have. I've always loved them. I've never known any different. It's always been that way. Same with my other brother. But with my baby brother, it was almost a feeling of *snap* here's someone else you'd jump in front of a bus for and it hadn't been like that a couple seconds ago. It was like a flood.

Anyways... my brother is a little sheltered. Although he has a dirt bike and lives in the country, he somehow manages to be the biggest city kid you've ever met. I was talking to him on the phone one night and I had to explain what a rodeo was to him. Explain a rodeo!

I explained that people ride bulls in rodeos. He gave the best reply.

"But... why?" Why would they do that! And you know what? He's right. Isn't it really retarded when you think of it? Who was the first person to go 'wow... there's a big, mean, bull and I'm gonna get up on his back and ride him!' and why on earth would they think that's a good idea? It's kinda like mutton busting. Who the hell thought 'let's put our precious little babies on the back of sheep and see how long it takes them to fall off!'

I swear. My kids are going to be wrapped in bubble wrap.

I'm watching the Lion's game on TSN right now. BC place is empty compared to places like WPG Stadium and Mosaic Stadium (Sask). It always amazed me that places like TO and Vancouver can't get a decent crowd out.

No comments: