Saturday, August 2, 2008

Endings

Does anyone else have problems writing endings? For me, I have a hard time making them live up to the script they close up.

The screenplay I'm working on right now has a lot of drama. A lot. I wrote an ending that I feel clears things up a little too quickly when you take that into consideration. I think the characters should have to work through things just a bit more. I like the way things conclude. I like the outcome. I just think the getting there needs some more work.

So, I've outlined a few prospective endings with the same outcome but with a different final pattern of events. I've also outlined one that changes the outcome just to see how it feels.

You'd think that this would fix things, right? I'd choose one and move forward. No. I'm still confused and a little indecisive. It still doesn't feel comfortable and I don't know why.

No comments: