Thursday, August 14, 2008

Womens Gymnastics

I'm watching the all around final right now. What's with the spastic choreography or floor and beam? Seriously. I took this thing in archeology (the fact that I call it a 'thing' shows how closely I listened :P) that showed how when things are copied over time, they become hardly recognizable. For instance, if you look at Mexican pottery, the images of their gods/icons have been copied so many times that they don't look like dragons or whatever they're supposed to look like anymore. Some features can be picked out, but basically, it looks totally different. I'm thinking that this choreography at one time was jazz dancing and over time, the dragon has become barely recognizable :P

They prance around and stick weird parts of their body out before writhing all over the floor. The only thing worse is the walk that actual jazz dancers use to get on/off stage at competitions, lol. Have you ever seen it? I once saw an adjudicator tear into a whole group of competitors, telling them that they looked like spastic robots. There may have been some mocking arm movements. It's seriously ridiculous.

No comments: