Monday, August 4, 2008

Writing Jobs

I applied for a few writing jobs today. Mostly web based reviewing of books, tv shows, etc. One of them looks pretty legit, the other I don't have enough info yet to decide if it's a scam :P

In reality, I really don't care if the pay is low or nil. Neither of these jobs are meant to pay my rent. They're meant to build my portfolio. So, bring on the scams! Just kidding. Don't bring on the scams. Basically, I'm willing to work for nice people for peanuts if, in return, I'm given the chance to write about things that I really love and use that writing to secure better paying jobs.

Oh, and most of all, they're meant to force to me write. You know, with a deadline and everything! Because I think that's something I need to get used to once again.

No comments: