Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All That She Wrote... Or Is It?

As soon as word got out that I'd left my job, I got two phone calls of interest.

Now, if either of them turn into serious offers remains to be seen. If they do, I don't think I'll accept either of them. I unplugged myself from this industry for a reason...

But it is hard to fully unplug. It's like the industry just keeps sucking you in.

Also, it's hard to leave because I'm at that point where I don't really have to look for work... I have enough connections to get what I want. That took a heck of a long time to build up and it'll probably take even longer once I'm out of school. That security is hard to leave.

My generation is supposed to switch careers something like four times... but oddly enough, I didn't ever really think that I would be switching careers. Especially not this young.

It's the right decision. I know it is. But it's a heck of a lot harder than I'd expected.

No comments: