Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jobs

My first instinct was to find an advertising sales job in Winnipeg and make some pretty good coin. I'm qualified to do it, I know what I'm selling, and I'm a pretty good sales person.

Well, money aside, I'm moving to a city with a huge arts scene. I've been looking around in that industry as well... what I'm finding is that A) these jobs don't pay as well as sales (obviously) and B) not many people are hiring. I'm thinking that once I'm home, it'll be a lot easier to find something but the money issue is still holding me back.

It should be a no brainer. I should go for an arts job. But I also want to head to school set financially. I worked full time through college and that's not something I want to do again.

On another note, I've been watching American Dad a lot lately. I'm currently watching the one with Patrick Stewart and his Asian mistress! It's funnier than I thought it would be, but not quite at the Family Guy level.

Also, I finally saw Knocked Up today. It was pretty funny and really sweet. I really enjoyed it... but I thought it'd be a tad funnier.

I'm almost packed to move. I have seven (SEVEN!) bags of clothes to drop off at Good Will and another box of misc. stuff that I don't need. I also have a box of books that I need to put on the bus because they're not going to fit in my car. I'm thinking that I could be leaving as soon as Thursday... but it could be as late as the 12th. I'm trying to sort things out with school. The exam sched is all fucked up and one of my exams is a lot later than it's supposed to be. Most people would rejoice at that, but I need to get out of here. I'm trying to convince my prof to either let me write the exam earlier, or to let me write it at the U of M or the library in Winnipeg. It would be easier for him to just let me write it in Winnipeg (because he wouldn't have to have it ready early), but for some reason, he's super hesitant. I really don't understand why. I'm an A student. I go to every class. I would understand him being retarded if I was failing and never went to class... but I've worked hard. Help me out a bit, you know? Anyways, I'm thinking that he might make me stay around to write it a couple days early or give me no choice but to stay and write it with the class. It's retarded. It's a multiple choice exam. There's no reason that I have to write it in my fucking class... other than him being a major bee-otch.

No comments: