Sunday, November 9, 2008

LA LA LA LA...

I can't hear anything. I have ear plugs in and it's quite weird... no typing noises. No nothing.

Still, ear plugs are, I think, one of the better investments I've made lately. I have a retardedly loud person living in the basement suite below me. I'll take creepily quiet over guitar hero any day.

I'm trying to finish up my short story for my creative writing class sometime today. I'm not sure if I'm even going to use it. I may start over. I proclaimed to the whole class that after writing a story about a serial killer, I was going to write a romance to make up for it. The story seems a little cheesy. I like the concept... It's about a couple (duh) and the guy does something insanely stupid without thinking and, well, the girl holds something that he wants desperately by the balls and after his stupidness, she's not very inclined to give him that thing. It's only after everything is done and over and the 'thing' has passed that she finally realizes what hurting him cost her because this 'thing' was important to her, too, and it's not something she'll ever be able to get back.

I'm guessing that -- up to a point -- romance is supposed to be cheesy. Just not quite as cheesy as my romance is. I'm not sure how to fix it. Although I can be a sap, I tend to walk a bit of a fine line on what I think is sappy or just stupid when I'm reading/watching something. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I laughed during 'A Walk To Remember'. Who knows. I shall tinker some more and make a decision on what to do.

No comments: