Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Big Baby


Moving home is making me feel like a bit of a baby. (Yes, that's me over there.)

I really shouldn't feel all that bad. I mean, I'm really not that old. Infact, most of my friends still live at home.

But...

But. I moved out of my parents' house for school at about 18. I've lived in a different province than them since I was 19. So, not only do I feel a bit disheartened about turning into a big baby, but I'm a little worried about how this is going to work out... if we'll get along. I love both of my parents with all of my heart, but things haven't always been easy between us. My views and their views have clashed since, oh, about the time that I learned to speak. I know I was a tough kid. I would hope that as an adult, I'm a tad easier to deal with, but the truth is that sometimes I find myself wanting to run away from my parents. Is that horrible? To fly across the country for Christmas and count down the days till you go back home? Well, have whatever opinion you like about that revelation... but the fact is that my home and their home will now be the same place. There'll be nowhere else to go. So, I'm a tad nervous.

My little brother is actually quite excited. He's fourteen and the last time I lived at home, he was still in elementary school. Lots of his friends have no clue that he has an older sister. I think this situation will be good for me and both of my brothers. Sometimes I feel that we lack that sort of sibling bond that so many siblings seem to have.

So, am I turning into a big baby who's dashing home to a cushy environment just because she can?

No comments: