Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back To Normal

I haven't been doing much script writing lately. I've been doing a lot of short stories, etc. for school. I actually think this whole narrative fiction foray was probably very useful. I've learned quite a bit... Such as what's important and what's not in story telling, how to write better dialogue, how to actually revise and rewrite properly.

So, basically, just brush ups on little stuff.

But, hey, I think I needed it.

I'm looking to start a new spec. I would love to try Dexter, but I've seen so many people have a tough time with it. I think I will probably try House. It's a show I watch every week... I'm a bit of a medical buff... I don't think it'll be cancelled this season... I've seen almost every episode... Basically, I would like to think that I know it well. Also, I'm really not sure what else to try. To be honest, I haven't had much time to watch TV and I get super uncomfortable spec-ing something I haven't seen quite a bit of. Why? I want my spec to be the best it can. Why waste my time on something I feel I won't hit spot on? I know some people can spec after a couple episodes, and while I probably could, I don't really want to.

No comments: