Friday, November 14, 2008

Bond. James Bond.

I'm not a huge James Bond fan, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I thought the new movie was good. Some of my friends said it 'wasn't their favorite', but no one hated it.

Here's a few things that I really loved...

~It wasn't TOO LONG! Now-a-days (just typing that makes me feel old), many of these types of movies (basically anything that isn't a romcom and sometimes even those) are soooo long! This was just perfect. Not too short. Not too long. People always say 'well, I didn't really mind that LOTR was a billion hours long', but the new Bond made me realize that maybe we're all wrong. Could less really be more? Maybe we just swallow things like LOTR because we're given no other choice. Movies aren't meant to make your butt go numb!

~Bond is a total man whore and proud of it. There was one scene where it was soooo bad and I think he may have been laughing at himself just a little.

~There was a little Canadian dig at the end (Paul Haggis wrote the script). It ends with the Canadian chick going 'thank you' in such a totally stereotypical Canadian way that the whole theatre snickered. Not sure if anyone outside of Canada will get the joke... but it was funny.

~Naked Daniel Craig. 'Nuff said. Not as much as the last movie, though.

~Less SEX than the last movie. This is an action movie! And, no, not THAT sort of action.

~Very little dialogue. Because it's an ACTION MOVIE! I think the chick had all of three lines. Although, there were times when a simple 'he killed my father' would have done instead of a monalogue. So, I guess this 'love' is a little hit and miss.

~The Americans were somewhat evil. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Americans are evil, I just thought it was an interesting spin.

~Did I mention the hotness that is Daniel Craig yet? Yes? Okay. Just wanted to make sure. Although, when he talks, watch his face. It DOES NOT MOVE!

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. Worth the price of admission... Well, I think it is. I got in for free, so I can't really vouch for that. So, I guess I could say that it's worth 'free' with confidence. Although I'm quite sure parting with $5-$10 will be worth it for most people.

Happy weekend!

~Anon

No comments: