Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Almost Missed A Day!

Can you believe that I almost missed a day? I don't know how long I'll be able to keep up this 'daily' thing. I mean, I only have so many stories to tell!

I haven't been writing much in the last couple days. I've been training for A Major Athletic Event for the last little while and it's getting a little... intense right now. But, in going through the screenplay I just finished, I found a few major things that I now don't like. Like the whole ending. Like one of the supporting characters who controls a the Big Event. I don't like her and I don't want her in the story... I think I want to change the person she's most linked with and that would mean completely scrapping her but then the Big Event would not happen because she (or someone like her... who couldn't be in the story if I changed up the character she's connected with) is the reason for the Big Event.

I also am considering scrapping about twenty pages right at the start and having the beginning come a bit later in the story that I'd thought. The plus of this would be that I'd have more time to play out another ending... but the minus is that some of my favorite funny moments happen during those first twenty pages. But are they really necessary? I'm not sure.

Overall, I'm still happy with the story and the way it tells itself. (At least during the middle!) I just think that the ending could probably be better served by being a bit longer instead of 'oh, okay, let's wrap things up' and there's a character I don't like. And I wanna scrap the first twenty pages. Other than that, it's perfect and I love it :P

The person who lives below me just got Guitar Hero. Pray for my sanity.

No comments: