Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Almost Killed Someone With My Car Today

Okay, so I'm driving home today... zipping around the outskirts of town... and I'm in the right lane. Some dork cuts me off to avoid having to stop behind someone who's turning in the left lane. I switch into the left lane because he did one of those cut off and slow down deals. Then what happens? He cuts me off AGAIN to turn himself.

So, I shoulder check and try to get back into the right lane. Only, there's a big huge car in it. The poor guy lays on his horn and we barely miss colliding.

I think I'm usually a pretty good driver. I mean, maybe I drive a little fast at times, but I've never been in an accident, I actually slow down in playground/school zones, and I've only ever had one non parking ticket! But this time, I totally almost killed someone. I'd like to say I wasn't careless (I did shoulder check), but I obviously was. I could have hit this poor guy and it would have totally been my fault. I wanted to honk at him to get him to pull over just to apologize because I felt so bad.

How was your ride home?

No comments: