Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finally...

I have my first 4/4 weekend for CFL picks. Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, BC and Edmonton. Was that so hard? My picks have been abysmal so far this season... mostly because Winnipeg has also been abysmal. They finally win a game and I get all my picks right.

Another 'oy' weekend. Tired. I'm too old for this kind of 'oy'. I watched some chick get wicked intoxicated on Friday in morbid fascination because I knew I'd have to share a tent with her later. I would go into more detail but she's my cousin's step sister and even though this blog is anonymous, I wouldn't want to embarrass her... she could barely go back to the party site to get her car because she was so embarrassed. The whole situation is another example of why I choose not to drink.

I was thinking about the whole alcohol culture of my age group. Mostly, there's one super drunk person at every party and if you're lucky, they're amusing and not crazy. The whole 'waiting until the next time I can get trashed' thing makes me feel really sad for the people who live that way. Because if you need to alter your brain chemistry to feel like you're having any sort of fun, I feel bad for you. I look at people who drink an awful lot and I just feel like they're missing out on life. They might think they're having a ton of fun partying it up and getting completely wrecked every night, but in reality, they're missing out on so much... and living your life in anticipation of (and planning out) the next time you're going to drink until you puke is a really sad existence.

No comments: