Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebrity Rehab

I just finished watching an episode of Celeb Rehab. It made me want to puke. Look, I'm no saint, but in all honesty, I can count the number of times I've put illegal substances in my body on one hand and not use my thumb and I've never been all that high. As a rule, I don't drink to the point of being drunk. Ever. Actually, I usually don't drink at all. Why? Because I don't like the feeling of being not in control of all of my faculties. BUT, as I said, I'm not a saint. So, I would never judge anyone for choosing to drink or whatever...

BUT

Celebrity Rehab is crazy. Those people are so screwed up and it just breaks my heart! At the same time, though, they're all using their addictions for fame and that makes me a little sick. It's an odd feeling... feeling sorry for them and thinking they're fame whores at the same time.

Part of me is completely disgusted and wants to never watch the show again. The other part of me is kinda wrapped up in it.

I watch Intervention. I feel sad when I see the people on the show. I cry during every episode. But never do I feel like they're pimping their addictions out for a pay cheque. Somehow, Intervention is just different. I watch it and want my little brother to watch so that he'll never be like that, you know? Celeb Rehab? Not so much.

No comments: