Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PS I Love You

I saw P.S. I Love You a few weeks back and I cried throughout the whole thing. Granted, I was a liiittttlllleeee high. So what. I think I would have cried anyways.

Here's the thing... I find that lots of romancy stuff gets a little too cheesy and I find myself fearing that invisible line whenever I write something remotely romantic. I seriously laughed at 'You Had Me At Hello' and 'You Complete Me', so I can't use my own judgment because it's obviously skewed (I know people who cried at those lines). I laughed during A WALK TO REMEMBER! Although the end did make me cry.

Well, I cried at P.S. I Love You. So, obviously my heart isn't completely cold.

The question? How do you make sure that you don't cross that invisible line while still making things sob worthy? How do you make someone like me cry but not laugh? How do you make sure that most people don't laugh instead of cry?

I always found the whole squishy/sweet/lovey thing hard to pull off. Stupid invisible line! It needs a marker following it around like the hockey pucks on American TV (do they do that anymore?)!

No comments: