Saturday, July 5, 2008

Draaaaggggiiiiinnnnngggg

I'm at the point in my script where one of my characters has had a moment of realization. There's been quite a bit of conflict and he's just figured it out. Unfortunately, him figuring the whole thing out doesn't mean that it's been resolved because the other main character is still in a snit and won't recognize that he's being a jack ass. So, more conflict....

I think it's starting to drag. I'm not sure how to fix it. I think what's happened so far is necessary to the story, but I do recognize that it needs to be tightened up. I've kept the main characters from ranting angrily (for the most part) and tried to keep it like a tennis match instead of something like the Canadian Woman's Hockey Team taking on, oh, I don't know, Australia at the Olympics, but it still seems to drag.

I know this probably sounds horrible, but I think I'm going to let it dddrrrraaaagggg for the time being. Maybe I'll have a better idea of what needs to go/change once this draft is done. I know it's gotta change. I just don't know how.

No comments: