Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chuckles

This made me laugh...

I checked out GateWorld today because I didn't watch Atlantis last night (is it even on yet in Canada? I don't have a clue) and I wanted to see how the season finale ended up (it was a cliff hanger last season). I'm not sure if I'll be watching Atlantis this season, but that cliff hanger has been on my mind for months.

So, anyways, I head over to GateWorld and on their main page is an interview with David Hewlett (Rodney McKay). I interviewed David last year (which I partly blame for getting me hooked on Atlantis) so I clicked on the interview and started to read. I laughed so hard. But not for the reasons you might think.

David goes off on tangents about Australia, boa constrictors, breast milk, spawning film crews, hair, his love for Jewel Stait, his pot belly, and many other things.

You can read the interview at http://www.gateworld.net.

The reason this made me laugh so hard was because I had the exact same sort of interview. Now, David is super nice, very personable, intelligent, etc, but he does have the tendency to ramble.

I remember asking the Atlantis PR person what sort of interview he was. She said (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'great, but you'll have to tell him to shut up', and I laughed it off having no clue that she was being quite literal.

Now, none of this is meant to make it look like I'm a huge David Hewlett hater. I thought the show turned out great, my listeners enjoyed his banter, and I really enjoyed talking to him. And hey, it got me to watch his show! It's just... funny. I thought I could talk someone's ear off.

I was actually quite glad he talked a lot though, because his PR team never did send me a copy of the movie I was supposed to talk him about. Yep. I never saw the movie. I was terrified that I was going to sound like a complete idiot. So, David sort of saved my ass :P

I've had the opportunity to interview many people. Athletes, celebrities, scientists, etc. It's always a crap shoot. Although the majority of them turn out okay, some interviews turn out boring. Some turn out short. Some are just crappy. People like David keep them interesting.

No comments: