Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shark Week!

It's like Christmas. Shark Week on The Discovery Channel! Wee!

Is it just me or is that chick on Daily Planet just a little annoying? I used to watch Daily Planet every day... it was my daily geek news... now? I flick past it. I think she's just a little too Entertainment Tonight for my tastes. And over done. That too.

I'm watching some dork create a feeding frenzy with reef sharks (using a frozen fish 'chunksicle') to see if they'll be be more likely eat him in the light or in the dark. Wacko! I love Shark Week.

Last night I was watching Space and caught one of my favorite SG1 episodes. It was the second part of the one where Daniel gets kidnapped and ends up in Honduras. Dammit, but Daniel is hot in that season. So is MacGyver. I know he's old, and to tell you the truth, now-a-days, he's really starting to look his age (which is almost 60), but for a few of those middle seasons he totally had that disease that makes him look better the older he gets. I didn't much dig the mullet on MacGyver... but mid series Jack? It's so wrong, but he looks amazing.

Anyways... it's actually my fav for more reasons than the hotness that is mid series Daniel Jackson. I always liked how the A and B story lines bounce back and forth in that one... I thought the episode was well told.

And my favorite part? It comes near the end. Daniel and Lee are telling Jack and his pal that the device is off. They muddle their way through saying that since it's stopped glowing, it must be off, all the while still looking a little weary of the device. Lee, who's holding the device, asks Daniel if he'd like to hold it. Daniel says no and uses his log-crutch to hobble a couple steps to the right, away from Lee and the device. It's something that's designed to get the audience to crack a grin. The best part is that someone on screen laughs as well. Jack's pal cackles and goes 'That's crazy!' which is exactly what the audience is thinking. I always loved that exchange.

I've been watching SG1 repeats on Space quite a bit lately (which isn't hard because I think SG1 is the only thing Space shows). That counts as Canadian TV, right? :P Produced in Canada, anyway. I watched a good three seasons of it when it was first run... starting with the Jonas season (which is my favorite) and working my way up to Jack becoming a General. Watching it again has reminded me how amazing Amanda Tapping is. I saw 'Grace' today and was blown away. I also love how funny it is, but I think I've said that before. I'm a big believer in sci fi not taking itself too seriously.

No comments: