Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Warrior

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog:

Fan writes: “what is up with carson becketts hair? is it a wig? and his makeup makes him look like he has had a facelift. is this a deliberate choice to separate his look *the clone* from the original?”

Answer: The make-up is no different. The hair is a bit of an issue. There was no attempt on the part of the production to differentiate his look.

I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing. Now, back to better topics...

I've broken my 'blog a day' thing. The reason? Biiiiggggg party last night. Oy. I ended up sharing a hotel room with a guy I've known for years (there were two beds!) and it's funny... you think you know someone well until you sleep in the same room. He spent all night making weird noises. Apparently, some time during the night, the cops were called to deal with an altercation outside our room. I didn't even hear it. Also, around 7:30-8:00 AM, some dork stood in the hallway banging on his buddy's door, trying to get him up for breakfast. Buddy wasn't having any of it and all the friend succeeded in doing was waking up the rest of the floor. Usually, I would just leave these situations alone and maybe call the front desk, but I was soooo angry that I actually went out there are ripped him a new one. For me, that's unheard of.

Also, the friend I went with insisted on driving. Now, I don't drink, so I don't mind driving. Around 2:30 AM, said friend comes up to me and says he's going to leave. Since he's my ride, I leave with him. He heads out of the parking lot and out onto the street, saying that since he was drinking, he's not driving. Now, I applaud his smart choice. My issue? Why the hell wouldn't he let me drive his car? I'm stone cold sober. And, why would he volunteer to drive if he knew that he was going to drink? (And even if the decision was made at the party, why would he volunteer to go with me and drive knowing that under no circumstances would he allow me to drive his car back to the hotel?)

So, we ended up wandering back to our hotel in the middle of the night in a strange city that neither of us knew very well. It was a cool evening and I was wearing a slinky dress while trekking across town in heels. Well, lesson learned. Next time, I'll be driving and this friend will be staying at home.

Needless to say, I'm freaking exhausted. I slept most of the afternoon and I'm sure I'll be passing out again shortly.

Nothing much got done on the writing front this weekend. Some ideas were tossed around in my head, but that's about it.

No comments: